UNIT 4 TEXT QUESTIONS
- What is Stonehenge? What is known about this monument (such as the date it was created and what the monument might have originally looked like)?
- What are portal tombs? How do they compare to passage tombs?
- What are finger flutings?
- What is prehistoric art?
- What is shamanism? How may it be related to cave paintings?
Critical Thinking Questions
- Why do you think early humans created art? Were the reasons for creating art different from or similar to reasons for creating art today?
- Why is so little known about prehistoric art? Discuss some of the challenges in learning more about these pieces.
- What were some of the challenges that prehistoric people faced when creating megalith monuments?
- Choose one piece of art shown in the unit and write an art critique of the piece. Write at least two paragraphs for your critique.
- Choose one piece of art shown in the unit and identify three elements or principles of art used in the piece. Describe how each of the elements/principles is used in the artwork.
Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question.
What do you believe cave paintings reveal about our ancestors that painted them?
Which piece of art shown in the unit do you like the best? Why?