brain and nervous system
Create a PowerPoint presentation (9-12 slides) that outlines the basic functions of the brain and nervous system. Be sure to address the following issues in your presentation:
- Brain: Illustrate the major lobes of the brain as well as the areas in the sub-cortex. A brief description of the function of each component should be included.
- Show the gross anatomy of the brain.
- Show both the neurons and various types of glial cells.
- Identify the structure of a neuron.
- Nervous System: Illustrate the major components of the nervous system (Central/Peripheral, Autonomic/Somatic, and Sympathetic/Parasympathetic). Also, include the basic functions of each section, along with the basic functions of neurons.
- Show the gross anatomy of the nervous system
- Show synaptic transmission
- Explain what happens to cells during an action potential
Speaker notes, of 50-75 words, are required for each slide. The title and reference slide do not count toward the total slide count.
You are required to use a minimum of four to six scholarly resources.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.