bus 402 week 4 assignment 1
Assignment 1: Creating an eCommerce Business
Due Week 4 and worth 135 points
â€œToo often, entrepreneurs brimming with optimism and enthusiasm launch businesses destined for failure because their founders never stop to define a workable strategy that sets them apart from their competitionâ€ (Scarborough & Cornwall, 2015, p. 106).
With this assignment, you have the opportunity to take your creative ideas to the next step and begin to develop a strategy that will form the foundation for a successful business.
Write a three to four (3â€“4) page paper in which you:
- Develop an idea for a prospective small business, and select a name for the company.
- Identify its key competitors and summarize the strengths and weaknesses of one of the competitors.
- Prepare a mission statement that encompasses the purpose of the business and considers its target market.
- Identity the ownership form for this business, taking into consideration tax implications, liability exposure, managerial ability, and cost of formation.
- Include at least two (2) references outside the textbook.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the nature of entrepreneurship, business ethics, and social responsibility in managing a successful small business.
- Describe and analyze the role of creativity and innovation as a competitive advantage of a small business.
- Describe the strategic planning process and develop a strategic plan for a small business.
- Describe and analyze the necessary activities and key decisions to start a small business.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in small business management.
- Write clearly and concisely about small business management using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.