complete 750 word assignment for quality management course no plagiarism
Case Study: The Corning Journey to Performance Excellence Part 1 and 2.
This week we have learned that performance excellence, sometimes referred to as business excellence, refers to increasing the consumerâ€™s perception of value and a focused responsibility on the part of organizational members to quickly identify and correct problems. Operational/Performance excellence includes a series of intangible assets that will allow companies to continuously improve in areas of performance and quality that create a competitive advantage for organizations. This supports the theory that while the consumer may play a part in identifying quality issues, the organizational stakeholder has a responsibility for quality and is an important factor in performance and operational excellence. This is also aligned with the concept that all stakeholders share in the benefits of business and performance excellence.
This case study is an examination of the renewal of quality at Corning in the decade since 2002. It is a story of quality, innovation, operating excellence, and renewal, but above all, it is a story of leadership. The great companies overcome the obstacles, and the poor companies fall by the wayside.
Review the Case Study: The Corning Journey to Performance Excellence Part 1 and 2. (http://asq.org/knowledge-center/case-studies-corni…)
Through research from sources provided in the course and from academic and scholarly resources outside of the course, evaluate and discuss the following elements:
- Discuss the impact of leadership on improving and increasing the quality and performance excellence at Corning.
- What elements of the Corning case study do you feel could be applied in your current or a former organization where you are or have been a member?
- Discuss how Corningâ€™s strategies meet the standards of continual improvement for performance excellence (Evans, 2017, pg. 33).
The paper should contain the following APA formatted elements:
- Title Page.
- Body of the essay (Your researched response).
- References Section.
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write a response between 750 â€“ 1000 words for the body of the essay (The title page, abstract, conclusion and References section are not counted toward the word requirement.) (approximately 4-6 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style.
- Address all three elements fully.
- Use font size 12 and 1â€ margins.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material (You may use the academic resources included in the Week 8 Bibliography.) one reference must be from EBSCOhost. The course textbook and lectures can be used, but are not counted toward the five reference requirement.
- References must come from sources such as, academic and scholarly journals and essays found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style. Provide citations everywhere information from the sources is used for foundational support and for validation of opinions.
- Use the third person narrative and avoid the use of the first and second person narrative and terms such as; I, me, myself, you, your, yourself, we or us (or related form such as letâ€™s (let us) or weâ€™ll, weâ€™ve (we will / we have) among others). This will prevent the author or other parties from becoming the subject matter and will maintain the focus of the paper on the central theme and subject matter found in the elements.
- Be informational and avoid being conversational.
A detailed explanation of how to cite a source using APA can be found here (https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/)