cyber crimes and espionage
The use of email has become mission critical in organization and has become one of the most preferred methods of communication because of its ease of use and speed. Therefore, email has become a popular tool for workplaces and a prevalent tool for cybercrimes. Email crimes and violations are identified by the cyber laws created by the government of the place from where the email originates.
In this assignment, write a blog in which you analyze the email technology, which can be a valuable tool in cybercrime investigation. Your assignment should address
- Brief analysis of the server and client involved in email communication
- List and describe four examples of crime committed by sending emails
- List and describe four examples of crimes supported by emails
- Brief analysis of email spoofing
- Tabular presentation of the common email headers and description
- Tabular presentations of the common tools that are used to investigate a cybercrime involve in email communication or committed by sending emails
- Describe two laws in United States that are used to fight against email cybercrime
Create a blog where you will discuss the topics stated above with references and samples of incidents, email-related attacks, like email spoofing and others, as well as rules to follow for secure email use and management. Make sure you also discuss tools and strategies that can help the IT professional manage email and electronic communications and handle incidents or exceptions. Be sure to provide the link of your blog to your instructor as part of the submission for evaluation.
Length of blog: 1,000 â€“ 1,500 words
Blogs must be effectively designed by you to meet the following criteria:
- Locate your blog at a website that can be easily accessed by the course instructor (Hint: Use a free website such as www.wordpress.com , www.blogster.com, or www.blog.com).
- Use a font that is readable (e.g., appropriate size and type, contrasts with background, and contains sufficient white space).
- Include information that supports the assignment criteria listed above.
- Make sure all of the links work.
- Include at least one graphic.
- Use the same template throughout with a consistent design and format.
- Keep your audience in mind when composing your blog post.
Your blog should include a minimum of five (5) sources in addition to the resources listed for the week. It should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards where appropriate.
Espionage is the use of spies to gather organizational information, which is mostly considered confidential information that the organization does not want to divulge or make public. Confidential information includes but is not limited to protected health information, personal identifiable information, non-public protected information, and trade secret. Espionage can be considered industrial, corporate, military, and nuclear. Counterintelligence gathers activities conducted to protect against espionage.
In this assignment, conduct research on the topic of espionage and cyber security. In a paper, address the following:
- The different types of espionage
- The motives behind espionage
- Information that spies that perform espionage seek
- Techniques use by spies who perform espionage
- Mitigation strategies against espionage
- Strategies and methods use to prevent corporate espionage
- Recommended strategies to organizations that have suffered corporate espionage.
Support your paper with a minimum of five (5) recent (within the past five years) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5-7 pages not including titles and reference pages.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.