foundations of tourism term paper
Term Project Guideline
1) Choose the topic (see the syllabus for the options) and the destination(s) of interest
2) Go to library if you want to use the computers over there it is easier because library computers have direct access to the articles, or if you want, you can access to the electronic resources off-campus via signing in to your library account. Either way go to http://scholar.google.com/ and type your research topic (economic impact of tourism in Australia; womenâ€™s role in tourism, food and tourism, etc.) if you decide to go to library you will be able to download it with one click after you are directed to the article website, if you choose to study off-campus you will have to go to library website and go to e-journals, type the journal name, volume, year etc. of the article to be able to read the article.
3) Donâ€™t get frustrated if you cannot find articles related to your chosen destination, try to find the same topic for different destinations and make inference out of those studies. The main point of literature research is to become familiar with the research topic chosen. Then, based on your readings and class learning you will make inferences to your chosen destination.
4) After you collect several articles, I suggest you to read the relevant articles first, beginning from introduction, literature review, (you can skip the methodology part) discussion, conclusion, and managerial applications parts, and try to understand the concept.
5) Take notes while you are reading.
6) After reading 2-3 articles you will understand the concept better
7) Then, you can begin to write your own introduction and read more papers as 10 to 12 references are expected minimum.
8) The introduction part should not be longer than 3 pages and should describe the general statements of the research, why the topic is important, the research questions, and what you are expecting to find out.
9) Then, you will write the literature review (this part is the synthesis of the articles you will read) Basically, what are the common ideas about the topic? What are the conflicting ideas about the topic?
10) After you write the literature review, you will write the discussion part , in which you will answer which ideas you most agree with based on the literature review? Why?
11) In conclusion part you will answer so what questions, which is why do we care about this topic?
12) Future research area is the last part of the term paper. In this part you will make suggestions based on the literature what future research should be conducted regarding the paperâ€™s topic?
13) References and in text citations: APA style: if you are not familiar with APA style check https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
14) Writing style: grammar, punctuality, transitions, and so on are important and affect your grades.
15) Cover page : full names, title of the paper, submission date.
If you still have questions, there is one thing left : post your questions on the tourism cafÃ©, and we will gladly answer them…