500 words are fine.
- Multiuser databases enable many people to access the data and manipulate it at the same time. Describe the different locking techniques to protect the data and why data locking is necessary. If locking did not exist, could multiuser databases exist? Why or why not?
- Which data integrity problems are introduced by multiple users using the same database? Explain why these problems exist and how to protect against them.
- Duplicate records can become troublesome in a database. How does the risk of duplicate records increase in multiuser databases?
- Data is a valuable asset to most companies. Explain the different backup procedures for databases and explain when you would use them.
- Describe the role of a database administrator (DBA). Make sure to include detail about transactions used by DBAs and locks that require DBA intervention.