- Describe psychological disorders and abnormal behavior and how they are classified.
- Identify the five perspectives that psychologists use to explain psychological disorders.
- Explain anxiety disorders, depressive and bipolar disorders, somatic symptom, dissociative, sexual, and personality disorders, childhood disorders and their causes.
- Explain schizophrenia and its positive and negative symptoms.
- Compare and contrast insight, relationship, behavioral, cognitive behavior, and biomedical therapies.
Conduct research on treatment options.
Explore the treatment options for the disorder you chose in Step 1.
- Types of Psychological Treatment
- What Is Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy?
- National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI)
Step 3: Report about treatment methods.
Write a 3-5 page paper to address the following points:
- Describe the treatment used and what occurs during treatment.
- Are there other treatment approaches that might also work? What are they?
- Is the treatment approach supported by research? Describe, if you can, the results of the research done on this treatment approach.
- Compare and contrast this therapy approach with at least one other therapy approach for this problem.