Campaign Analysis â€“ Prepare an in-depth analysis of a current advertising campaign. The campaign has to be running currently — no historical campaigns.
Your paper should be 3-4 pages, double-spaced with 1-inch margins and cite at least three credible references. If you opt to do a presentation, it should be at least 15 minutes and have no less than 12 total slides including a reference slide.
The analysis should cover at a minimum the following:
- Campaign information â€“ briefly describe the campaign, who is the ad agency behind the campaign, what media is used in the campaign (social, tv, radio, etc.)
- Description of the product â€“ features, value, competitive advantage (what separates it from the competition)
- Target marketâ€“ based on what we know, describe the target market
- Consumer behavior — what are the motivational factors used (needs/wants expressed), level of involvement (high or low involvement), possible influences used in the message
- Communication messages â€“ what do the ads say about the product, what tone is used, what appeal (humor, sex, fear, etc.)
- Ethical considerations — are there any concerns about the message or who the ads target?
- Critique and recommendations â€“ what do you think is good/bad about the campaign, what would you recommend they change