write an essay on your choice for person of the decade
Person of the Decade
By the early 1990s, Soviet domination in Eastern Europe had ended. A number of individuals played a part in the collapse of the Soviet Union. Understanding the role that each played is an important part of understanding the process that changed European politics and geography.
Total score: ____ of 50 points
(Score for Question 1: ___ of 50 points)
- Using the information from the reading and from your online research, decide who you think should be named â€œPerson of the Decade.â€ Then write a letter to the Time magazine nominating committee explaining why they should select your choice for â€œPerson of the Decade.â€ MUST BE FROM THE 1990s!
- This assignment is worth 50 points, so it will be important to:
- Provide background on the person.
- Give details about the personâ€™s work.
- Explain the personâ€™s impact on others and describe how the person changed the course of culture and politics.
- You may complete and submit this assignment in this lesson or on the next Your Choice day.
Type your answer here.
*The student chooses an important leader from the 1990s. The letter is supported by many (5 or more) facts and details on the background of the person. The letter is supported by many (5 or more) facts and details on what the person did to be nominated. The letter is supported by many (5 or more) facts and details on the leaderâ€™s impact on others and describe how the person changed the course of culture and politics The letter displays control of grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and punctuation (1 or 2 grammar errors).*