case study 678
In this module, there is a focus on developmental, cultural, spiritual, and nutritional assessment. As a practicing nurse, you perform daily assessments for your patients; however, little emphasis may be placed on the aforementioned assessment areas. In this case study, your assessment will focus on the patientâ€™s developmental and nutritional needs.
Imagine that you are a clinic nurse. A healthy appearing 18-year-old man presents for a college physical examination. He is 5â€™8â€ tall, weighs 210 pounds, and is well-groomed with minimal facial acne. When asked about his usual recreational activities, he says, â€œI love to play video games with my girlfriend and go out to eat.â€ He describes his favorite foods as pizza and ice cream. When asked about future plans, he says he has been accepted at the local state university and will major in electrical engineering just like his Dad did. He says he is excited to go to college and that he obtained good grades in school.
In a 2- to 3-page essay, post your response to the following:
- Identify the patientâ€™s major developmental age and tasks.
- Determine his progress in successfully accomplishing these tasks or milestones as well as the best communication strategies to use for a patient of his age.
- Classify normal and abnormal nutritional findings (e.g., BMI).
- Describe evidence-based interventions to address any abnormal nutritional assessment findings.
The essay must be clear, concise, logical, and organized; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By the due date assigned, post your completed essay to the Submissions Area.
- Support your findings with examples and scholarly references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- Use the following file naming convention: AU_NUR402_M2_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Identified the patientâ€™s major developmental age and tasks accurately.||
|Determined the patientâ€™s progress in accomplishing developmental tasks and the appropriate communication strategies to use for a patient his age.||
|Classified normal and abnormal nutritional findings (e.g., BMI).||
|Described appropriate evidence-based interventions to address any abnormal nutritional assessment findings.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in appropriate and accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA); and displayed accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation. Demonstrated use of scholarly sources aligned with specified assignment requirements.||